Role: Underwriting Specialist – Environmental Impairment Liability
Location: New York, NY
Willis Towers Watson is a leading global advisory, broking and solutions company that helps clients around the world turn risk into a path for growth. With roots dating to 1828, Willis Towers Watson has 40,000 employees serving more than 140 countries. We design and deliver solutions that manage risk, optimize benefits, cultivate talent, and expand the power of capital to protect and strengthen institutions and individuals. Our unique perspective allows us to see the critical intersections between talent, assets and ideas – the dynamic formula that drives business performance. Together, we unlock potential. Learn more at willistowerswatson.com.
Investment, Risk and Reinsurance
Our sophisticated approach to risk helps clients free up capital. We work in close concert with investors, reinsurers, and insurers to manage the equation between risk and return. Blending advanced analytics with deep institutional knowledge, we reveal new opportunities to maximize performance.
Investment, Risk and Reinsurance
Freberg Environmental is looking to find a successful underwriting specialist for our Environmental Impairment Liability program. The candidate will underwrite commercial general and environmental impairment liability products including site pollution and be responsible for the profitability, retention and growth of assigned book of business.
Desired Skills and Experience
- Responsible for the profitability, growth and retention of assigned book of business that is consistent with overall business line objectives.
- Underwrites targeted new and renewal business by reviewing and analyzing applicant’s loss history, financials, and other pertinent information to determine acceptability of risk in accordance with company underwriting guidelines and authority.
- Maintains complete and documented underwriting files that meet the requirements of the company and carrier.
- Understands pricing components and rating methodology and prices risk based on financial and competitive analysis.
- Utilizes underwriting tools to determine accurate classifications, rates, and premium charges.
- Approves endorsement transactions for book of business within assigned territory.
- Develops account opportunities from established wholesale brokerage relationships.
- Demonstrates advanced knowledge of underwriting concepts, practices and procedures.
- Participates in marketing activities
Any unsolicited resumes/candidate profiles submitted through our web site or to personal e-mail accounts of employees of Willis Towers Watson are considered property of Willis Towers Watson and are not subject to payment of agency fees. In order to be an authorized Recruitment Agency/Search Firm for Willis Towers Watson, any such agency must have an existing formal written agreement signed by an authorized Willis Towers Watson recruiter and an active working relationship with the organization. Resumes must be submitted according to our candidate submission process, which includes being actively engaged on the particular search. Likewise, for our authorized Recruitment Agencies/Search Firms, if the candidate submission process is not followed, no agency fees will be paid by Willis Towers Watson.
- Bachelor’s degree and 5-10 years of commercial underwriting experience and/or equivalent combination of education and experience.
- Prior environmentally related underwriting experience preferred.
- Capable of managing a large book of business with minimal supervision.
- Must be committed to client relationship management and service.
- Advanced knowledge of computer programs, including Word, Excel, and Outlook.
- Excellent communication capabilities oral and written.
- Effectively interacts with internal departments and brokers.
- Professional designation as Associate Underwriter (AU), Associate in Risk Management (ARM) or CPCU designation is a plus.
- P&C License
Willis Towers Watson is an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to, among other things, race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, age, status as a protected veteran, or disability.
Equal Employment Opportunity: Know your rights.